Topics

Spelling (2) Art (1)

Monday 14 January 2013

Visible Thinking Strategies: Overview


I learnt about Visible Thinking Routines when I moved to my new school.  It is a Harvard University project, which aims to make learning and thinking in the classroom more visible.

A couple of the strategies I recognised, as I had used them before.  However, Visible Thinking Routines is a focused, yet flexible framework for improving classroom learning in any content areas and developing students' intellectual skills at the same time.  These routines need to be used over and over again in the classroom, making it a part of the classroom culture.  

The Core Routines:

What Makes You Say That? Interpretation with justification routine
Think Puzzle Explore A routine that sets the stage for deeper inquiry
Think Pair Share A routine for active reasoning and explanation
Circle of Viewpoints A routine for exploring diverse perspectives
I used to Think... Now I think... A routine for reflecting on how and why our thinking has changed
See Think Wonder A routine for exploring works of art and other
interesting things
Compass Points A routine for examining propositions


Visit Visible Thinking Routines for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment